Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Balayage/sombre


No matter how long you've been doing hair you can always use models to show off your new techniques you've leaned. Not only did I think my sister-in-law would look great with a balayage or sombre, but I was wanting to try a new hair color by Joico. I wanted to make sure it lived up to what it advertised. I started off by taking a before picture.

To create this look I started with Sunlights lightener. I took big sections (about 1 inch) and sliced it in half. The bottom half of the section I did not paint any lightener on. I clipped those to the side and painted lightener in a skinny "v" pattern on the top half of the 1 inch sections. With her career I did not want the color too drastic. I did not use foils and just let the lighener air dry as it processed on her hair. I used a scoop and a half of lightener and 40 volume developer.
After 50 minutes processing time, this was our result after the lightener. This is where I was able to use Joico Lumishine demi permanent on her hair. I wanted to get her to about a level 7 or 8 so the demi permanent would deposit all the tones properly.
 
After glossing her with a 7NWB by Joico Lumishine with level 5 developer for 20 minutes and curled her hair the results were amazing! The lightener got her past the "orange" phase and I was able to deposit a neutral warm tone on her to keep the caramel color, but the neutral in the demi permanent canceled out the remaining orange tones. She was very happy with the results!
 
 




1 comment:

  1. That looks really really awfull, are you a professional hairdresser ?
    i would be mortified if i went to the hairdressers, spent money on getting my hair done and it looked like that.

    i mean when its curled you can't tell, lets hope she always has her hair curled, cause if its straighted the balayage looks awfully done.

    :/

    ReplyDelete